Every day our brain processes about 6000 thoughts. That’s a whopping number of thoughts!
Ever wondered what these thoughts lead to?
I am reminded of the famous quote by Henry Ford, “whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you are right’
Indeed, our thoughts determine what we do, who we are and what we become? Here’s how our thoughts manifest:
Say, I think that I am surrounded by people who support me
- I will choose to cooperate
- I will extend support, be vulnerable, go the extra mile for others
- I will enjoy working with the people around me
- I feel connected and joyous
- This in turn will enhance the thought that I am surrounded by supporting people
In contrast, if I think that I live in a dog-eat-dog world
- I will choose to protect myself
- I will withhold all my information and resources, keep watching over my shoulders
- I will experience the environment as stressful and demanding
- I will feel anxious, frustrated, angry
- Which in turn will substantiate my initial thought – I live in a highly competitive world
According to neuroscientists, 95% of brain activity – our thoughts – are unconscious.
Given the power of thoughts, the only way to change ourselves and our environment is to observe our thoughts and shape them consciously!